Sea Scan® ARC Explorer Software History
- .Added a new option for calculating the Sonar Depth to the Layback window. This method works with the 1st bottom return (Altitude) and a depth sounder (Total Water Depth). This can be used when the 1st surface return is not visible.
- RFixed a bug in the Marker Event window where a Waypoint would be reclassified as a Marker when the Waypoint Name and Description was modified.
- Retargeted the trace.txt file go to C:\ root folder.
- Retargeted the HDS driver logfile, "stu_sonar.log", to the C:\root folder.
- Fixed the web link to the downloads since we have a new website. The link is now : http://www.marinesonic.com/support.html
- Fixed a formatting problem when the time was being printed where the decimal seconds would have a leading zero.
- Rewrote the SDS data stream time synchronization routine to better handle occasional timing issues with SYNC packets. This would cause sonar data to be dropped.
- Rewrote the waterfall subsampling algorithm to be more flexible and faster.
- Rewrote the waterfall subsampling algorithm to handle different sample sizes for each channel.
- Added a filter for the black lines in the ARC Explorer Sonar driver.
- Added the option to set the Sonar Detect current in the arc_sonar.ini file.
- Rewrote the NMEA Parser Latitude/Longitude parsing functions so that it is not bothered by non-standard Longitude GPS strings.
- Fixed a reduction in precision in the NMEA Manager that degraded the precision Latitude/Longitude positions from double precision to a single precision.
- Fixed the projected swath did not get wider when changing ranges when layback NOT enabled.
- Fixed the nav plotter takes WAY too long to display the swath.
- Fixed support for the data flags in SNR2 SDS packets. Added support for older SNR1 packets.
- Fixed delete event marker from the plotter window.
- Fixed command line opening of files.
- The XTF converter would fail when converting surveys with no SONAR data in the first file.
- The XTF converter would fail or crash when converting single files (not in a survey).
- Navigation data was not being generated in the Simulated Sonar.
- The projected swath in the navigation plotter was not being drawn.
- The settings were not being applied when the OK button was clicked.
- Improved the operation of the ARC Explorer Sonar driver power controls.
- Fixed the tow cable disconnect warning in the ARC Explorer Sonar driver.
- ARC_SONAR.INI file log file entry was misspelled.
- Added Support for the Sea Scan ARC Explorer side scan SONAR system.
- Added support for Layback events.
- Chart plotter now auto re-centers when near the edge (not outside of the edge).
- Marker and Layback events are now shown in the waterfall. Use the Show Data Events in the "Waterfall Features" settings.
- Double clicking on a Marker Event shown in the waterfall shows the Marker Tooltip.
- All printed time/dates reflect GMT time zone.
- Improved the de-logging algorithm.
- Waterfall Captures now support JPEG format. Report Waterfall Captures are in JPEG format.
- Changed the new computer default window placement and default settings (most notably units to US units)
- Application can be set to defaults see the Load Application Defaults button on the Application Settings page.
- Added the Range & Bearing tool window. It will guide the user to the currently selected waypoint or marker event.
- Waterfall can be moved 1 line at a time by using the arrow keys.
- Registry settings can be ignored by holding the Left Shift key down while the application starts.
- Added support for Magnetometers. Supports: Proton4, Sea Spy, G-880, G-866, and ASCII
- The Status Window now shows Left/Right/Up/Down for sonar orientation in addition to +- degrees.
- Application now has an "Advanced Mode" for troubleshooting.
- Fixed a bug in the NMEA input that caused Sea Scan Survey to incorrectly report the GPS accuracy for RTK GPS's. The fix provides a better estimate when using RTK GPS's with Sea Scan Survey.